CRES led the development of interim recommendations published by PRCI
Dr. Yong-Yi Wang is one of the main editors of the ASME book Pipeline Integrity Management Under Geohazard Conditions (PIMG) published in 2020
CRES will present Integrity-Focused Geohazards Management for Pipelines at ASME IPG conference
CRES will present Strain-Based Design and Assessment of New and Ageing Pipelines at TFAP 2021 conference
CRES 2017 JIP report on the management of ground movement hazards is available through INGAA
CRES presented two webinars on the burst pressure prediction of pipes with SCC colonies
- Webinar I, 04/08/21 – Improved Burst Pressure Prediction of SCC Colonies – Development of Intelligent Flaw Interaction Rules
- Webinar II, 04/22/21 – Improved Burst Pressure Prediction of SCC Colonies – Evaluation of Intelligent Flaw Interaction Rules Using Full-Scale Burst Tests
CRES made presentations in 9 subject areas at PRCI virtual research exchange 2021
CRES conducted full-scale burst tests with its newly commissioned test facilities with a maximum pressure capacity of 6000 psi.
CRES and Enbridge made a presentation at an INGAA meeting titled “Methods to Mitigate Undermatched Girth Welds” on October 29, 2020.
CRES published 11 papers at the 2020 International Pipeline Conference (IPC) among a total of 226 papers published for the entire conference. Five of the 11 papers were selected for “live” presentations during a two day virtual conference on September 29-30. CRES had the most “live” presentations among all conferences participants.
CRES worked with Geosyntec and Golder to develop a guidance document on the management of landslide hazards for pipelines.
CRES presents PRCI Webinar on Tensile Strain Capacity (TSC) of Pipes Containing Corrosion Metal Loss.
CRES published 11 papers at IPC 2020
- Structured Response Plan after a Ground Movement Event
- Improved Linepipe Specifications and Welding Practice for Resilient Pipelines
- Management of Ground Movement Hazards – an Overview of a JIP
- Development of Lifting and Lowering-in Plan for the Control of Construction Stresses
- A Review of Pipe-soil Interaction Models for Strain Demand Estimation
- Material Properties and Flaw Characteristics of Vintage Girth Welds
- Burst Pressure Prediction of Pipes With SCC Colonies – Development of Intelligent Flaw Interaction Rules
- Burst Pressure Prediction of Pipes With SCC Colonies – Evaluation of Intelligent Flaw Interaction Rules Using Full-Scale Burst Tests
- Estimation of Tensile Strain Capacity of Vintage Girth Welds
- Effects of Biaxial Loading on the Tensile Strain Capacity of Girth Welds with Weld Strength Undermatching and HAZ Softening
- Rational Limits of High-low Misalignment in Girth Welds
CRES is one of the sponsors for IPC 2020. IPC 2020 is now open to accept abstracts.
CRES presents PRCI Webinar on Pipeline Lifting and Lowering-in Stress Application Tool.
CRES presents PRCI Webinar on Guidance for Assessing Buried Pipelines after a Ground Movement Event.
CRES is a lead organizer and contributor to the ASME Conference Asset Integrity Management – Pipeline Integrity Management under Geohazard Conditions.
Dr. Yong-Yi Wang gave a keynote lunch presentation on Integrated Hazards Management and Fitness-for-Service Assessment for Integrity Management of Pipelines Subjected to Geohazards. Dr. Wang also moderated a panel session on Gaps and Roadmap (related to geohazards management). CRES published three papers:
Dr. Yong-Yi Wang made a presentation on Girth Welding in the Age of Evolving Steel Manufacturing Processes and under Realistic Field Conditions to the API 1104/5L Joint Task Group at the 2019 Exploration & Production Winter Standards Meeting.
Dr. Yong-Yi Wang is the honoree of the ASME Distinguished Lecture Series at IPC 2018.
CRES published 5 papers at IPC 2018.
- Assessment of Dents under High Longitudinal Strain
- Attributes of Modern Linepipes and Their Implications on Girth Weld Strain Capacity
- Tensile and Compressive Strain Capacity in the Presence of Corrosion Anomalies
- Burst Pressure of Pipelines with Corrosion Anomalies under High Longitudinal Strains
- Burst Pressure of Wrinkles under High Longitudinal Strain
Dr. Yong-Yi Wang is recognized as the Outstanding Researcher by PRCI.
The Executive Assembly & Executive Board of PRCI presented the Distinguished Researcher Award to Dr. Yong-Yi Wang “for dedicated and distinguished service and scientific achievements that have enhanced the integrity, reliability and environmental performance of energy pipelines around the world.”